This is a rural exposure programme designed to link Urban Youth to Rural lives. They are exposed to Sustainable livelihood solutions implemented by Development Alternatives in TARAgram Orchha. Delegates from around the world embark on a life changing journey to the Bundelkhand where they will get to explore rural issues related to water, waste, energy, gender etc and engage with them through a series of participatory and interactive activities
WHAT is YOUTH- लिंक?
- Development Alternatives, Community Led Environmental Action team organizes a 3 day rural exposure programme called “Youth – लिंक” in Bundelkhand, Madhya Pradesh
- They are exposed to Sustainable livelihood solutions implemented by Development Alternatives in TARAgram Orchha.
- Delegates from around the world embark on a life changing journey to the Bundelkhand where they will get to explore rural issues related to water, waste, energy, gender etc and engage with them through a series of participatory and interactive activities
- A batch of 20 selected delegates will be exposed to decentralized energy generation, distribution and management models in the area and experience their resultant socio-economic impact on the community
WHY should you join?
- Meet and interact with like-minded, Eco-conscious youth
- Gain experience and memories of a lifetime
- This opportunity will showcase to the participants that in order to ensure the sustainability of solutions in rural areas, one needs to incorporate the socio-economic-environmental ground realities
- It is an excellent opportunity for youth to understand the gap between issues faced by Rural and Urban India
WHERE is it being held?
- Orchha, Bundelkhand a region with a strong historical and cultural background
- Life is tough for the rural majority in Bundelkhand. This expanse of sun-parched plains spanning 13 districts of southwest Uttar Pradesh and Northern Madhya Pradesh is one of the most marginalized and deprived in the whole country
- Dwindling natural resources, poor industrial development and very few livelihood options characterize the rural areas
- Agriculture is the mainstay of Bundelkhand’s economy but recurring droughts and poor land productivity, coupled with impacts of a changing climate threaten food security
WHEN is it being held?
- January 2015
WHO can/ should join?
- Anyone within the age group of 16-25 interested in learning about energy issues in rural spaces
- Programme cost/ participant (exclusive of travel to and from Jhansi) is 9500 INR*
- Total Batch size is 20, and selection is on first come first basis, so the earlier one registers the better
HOW to apply?
- Download and Fill the registration form available here Registration Form
- Please read the instructions carefully before applying (Section 6)
- Scan and email the form to- email@example.com and cc it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also send the filled forms to the following address marking the envelope with
World Headquarters, B-32,
TARA Crescent, Qutub Institutional Area,
New Delhi 110016, India.
REGISTRATION ON FIRST COME FIRST BASIS